News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Wigler

Plum Hollow on TV
« on: June 04, 2004, 10:17:37 AM »
For all of you who have been hearing me talk about Plum Hollow for the past couple of years, CBS Detroit is running a special on our club and our history.  It is to air Saturday at 11:30am on CBS Detroit.  I think it should be available via webcast but I do not know how.  I even have a cameo as my TV debut.  Hope you can see it.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Jeff_Mingay

Re:Plum Hollow on TV
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 10:25:30 AM »
David,

What's the occasion, to run a special on the history of Plum Hollow? Just curious.

For those of you visiting Detroit in near future, and looking for golf, Plum Hollow is undoubtedly the most under-rated course in the area. Golfers rarely speak of it, but in my humble opinion, Plum Hollow is better than most in the Motor City and surrounds. In fact, some smart restorative-based work would place Plum Hollow in my top-5 in the Detroit area. Easily.

Holes 1, 2 (!), 5 (!), 7 (!), 9 (!), 12, 13 (!), 14, 15, 16, and 17 are excellent. That's 11 of 18!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 10:26:41 AM by Jeff_Mingay »
jeffmingay.com

David Wigler

Re:Plum Hollow on TV
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 10:44:49 AM »
I think CBS is highlighting some of the clubs that had Ryder Cup's.  They filmed over 8 hours of stuff to cut to 30 minutes.  I am really curious what makes the final cut.  Thanks for the kind words.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Ryan Taylor

Re: Plum Hollow on TV
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »
Do either of you have a link? What is the current state of Plum Hollow? Trying to head back to SE Michigan w/ a job transfer and would be interested to learn more about Plum Hollow. (history, current state, future plans, current membership, etc.) 
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:00:23 AM »
This is the maintenance blog, provided by Adam Garr.

http://www.phccgreens.blogspot.com/
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »
Thanks. Great blog. Very transparent. You have to love the "Course Care Hall of Shame".
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back