News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Bob_Huntley

MPCC Shore Opening.....
« on: June 02, 2004, 09:15:59 PM »
The Shore Course of the Monterey Peninsula Country Club will see the last three Club presidents and the Chairman of the Shore Building Committee, tee off at 7.30 am on June 12,2004.

Mike Strantz will be attending. I would like to be able to print out your best wishes and present it to him privately.

Thanks Ran for using your bandwidth.

Bob

Bill_McBride

Re:MPCC Shore Opening.....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 09:21:58 PM »
Bob, glad to hear that the Shore Course is opening, and more importantly, that Mike Strantz will be able to attend.  Thanks for passing that along!
Bill McBride

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 09:22:54 PM »
Bob,

That would be a fantastic gesture. In what format/ delivery method would you like those wishes conveyed to you? Email, IM, or in the DG?

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 09:34:52 PM »
Joe,

I think the DG. In that way the printouts will be on a continuous page.

Bob

Joe Hancock

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 10:00:27 PM »
Bob,

Sounds good.

Mike Strantz,

Best wishes, fight the good fight, and stay creative!

Joe Hancock
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 10:03:22 PM »
Bob, I am thrilled for you and your club. The Shore looks great. I too would like to wish Mike the best from all of us. John Bernhardt

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 10:18:32 PM »
Congratulations Mike in your tenacious pursuit to complete what I hope is your greatest work to date at MPCC.  May you have many more opportunities to show how truly talented you are.  I hope uncle Boab Huntley has a digital camera to take a few pictures of the joyful event at the grand opening.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 10:28:34 PM »
Congratulations !

Mike Strantz-Here's to several years, if not decades, of personally tweaking The Shore Course. A better canvas, she doesn't make.

Thanks Bob.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 10:34:34 PM »
Mike, It has been my privelege to have played seven of your courses, three of them with Forrest.  They are original, captivating, larger than life, with exceptional shot values.  I was thrilled when you were awarded the job at MPCC.  I know how competitive it was.  And I am anxious to play it soon.  May God go with you.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 10:48:10 PM »
Mike Stranz,

There are few places that inspire and thrill me more than the Monterey Peninsula. The combination of sun, fog, ocean and wildlife provide the ultimate canvas for someone of your artistic talent. I was fortunate to see some your work under construction last Fall during a round at The Dunes course, and I also was able to see/play your work at Tobacco Road last summer for the first time. Now add in the story of your health challenges during your work at MPCC, and my guess is that the members of MPCC will receive a world class course delivered by you on June 12th. Congratulations and good luck in the future.

Jfaspen

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 10:50:51 PM »
Mike S,

Been fortunate enough to enjoy both True Blue and Caledonia in the past year.  Thank you for your hard work thus far and I know it isn't done yet.  Thoughts and prayers your way sir.

Jeff

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 11:04:38 PM »
Mike,

Congratulations on the Shores course work you have accomplished.  Having played the "old" Shores course a few years back with our Uncle Bob, I can't wait to return and sample the newest sensations you've created.

Good luck, and many happy years ahead.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 13.2. Have 26 & 23 year old girls and wife of 29 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

THuckaby2

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 11:11:10 PM »
Mr. Strantz:

All the best to you and yours and congrats on the opening of a course that will certainly hold its head up very proudly amidst some very tough local company.  

And who needs Raynor, anyway - we now have a Strantz!

Tom Huckaby
San Jose, CA
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 09:51:36 AM by Tom Huckaby »

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 11:14:31 PM »

Mike Stranz,

May your life be long and full! Continue to build courses that intrigue the mind, challenge the heart and bring joy to the soul.

Jason Mandel

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 11:17:09 PM »
Mike,

I am thrilled to hear how well it sounds the Shore course has turned out.  Your dedication to not only this project, but all of your projects are evident in the final product.

Continue to stay strong know that all of your friends here in the golf community are thinking of you and wishing your the best.

Jason Mandel
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

T_MacWood

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 11:18:46 PM »
Bob
I'll be anxious to get your impression of the new course, and generally the first reports on the course. I know everyone is pulling for Strantz because of his battle with cancer, but what sometimes gets lost under the circumstances (understandably), is the fact that he is a super talent. IMO he was brilliant choice to carry out this project. I pray there will be many more projects to come.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2004, 12:30:30 AM »
Mike,

My congratulations and best regards to you as you celebrate the course opening.  As everyone has said, we look forward to more of your work in the years ahead!

Cheers,

Kevin
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Lou_Duran

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2004, 01:25:24 AM »
Congratulations, Mike.  Few can imagine the ordeals you've been through during the past few years.  I hope that working on the Shore Course helped you through the process, and that the extraordinary effort is clearly apparent to the deserving members of the MPCC.  You remain in the minds and prayers of many on this site.  May your design career continue to blossom for a long, long time.  

Andy Silis

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2004, 05:07:07 AM »
Mike!

Saw your work at MPCC's Shore course while playing the Dunes a couple of months back. Made several detours to check it out. Absolutely outstanding. In my humble opinion it will enhance the legacy of legendary courses on 17 Mile Drive for centuries to come. The restored native areas and your magnificent green surrounds were an amazing sight to behold!!!!!--------Keep fighting the good fight, and may God be with you and your family!!!

Andy Silis

ForkaB

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2004, 06:35:27 AM »
From all I hear, Mike Stranz has grasped the great opportunity given to him and built something particularly special, on a special piece of ground, for a very special club.

All the best to all involved.

Kelly Blake Moran

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2004, 06:59:51 AM »
Best wishes, and congratulations to everyone involved at MPCC.  I had the good fortune to play Tobacco Road, and tour Caledonia last week, and I am certain everyone at MPCC will actually feel the inspiring pressure created by such a creative force as Mr. Strantz.  It is not often you feel that you have encountered the presence and force of the personality involved in the creation of something, but both courses exuded a strong creative presense that can actually be felt and measured, and I am certain the same will be true at MPCC.  

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2004, 07:02:27 AM »
Mr.Strantz,

Congratulations to you and your team on the opening of MPCC Shore.  She brings a new aspect of beauty and challenge and mystery to an already wonderful piece of the world.  I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity to experience your genius at Tobacco Road, and hope that you bring the MPCC membership as many hours of enjoyment and passion.  I wish you the best of luck as you journey along life's path, and that you continue to take the road less travelled, albeit surrounded by those that love you.  

Best Wishes,
Brian Gracely
Raleigh, NC
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 11:30:35 AM by Brian_Gracely »

Neil Regan

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2004, 07:19:28 AM »
Mike Stranz,
  Best wishes, and congratulations for what may turn out to be your finest work.
Grass speed  <>  Green Speed

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2004, 10:45:47 AM »
Mike Strantz;

It must give one great satisfaction to know that they created a work of art that will be enjoyed by many, for generations to come; but to have a canvas within 17 Mile Drive must have been a dream come true. I hope to have the priviledge someday to experience the beauty and artistry which you have brought to this very special corner of the world. Best of luck in all your future projects.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 02:39:51 PM by Pete Lavallee »
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Jeff Goldman

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2004, 10:53:49 AM »
Mike Strantz,

Best wishes for good health.  Your work brings a unique perspective to the game, which can be said of very few.  Golf is far better for it.

Jeff Goldman
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 10:54:14 AM by Jeff Goldman »
That was one hellacious beaver.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back