News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Bear Mountain Victoria, BC
« on: May 28, 2004, 03:44:05 PM »
Has anyone played Bear Mountain in Victoria, just outside of Vancouver? If so, I would appreciate any comments.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Mike Erdmann

Re:Bear Mountain Victoria, BC
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 04:23:25 PM »
Cary, I played it late last summer after it opened.  I think Jack did a pretty good job with a hilly piece of property.  14 & 15 feel a little forced, but I thought the course overall was pretty good.  There was no real estate on the course then, so you had the feeling of playing a more remote mountain course, but I believe they are putting in housing and resort lodging.  Definitely one of the most scenic mountain courses I've played.  Jack built a extra par 3, but stuck it between 14 & 15, which seemed awkward.  It's the high point on the course with a dramatic view down to the city of Victoria, but if it's good enough to put a par 3 there, why not make it a part of the routing?  My guess is they finalized the routing or started building the course when someone realized it was a scenic spot for a short par 3.  Website is www.bearmountaingolf.com  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 04:24:46 PM by Mike Erdmann »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back