News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony_Nysse

Long Cove and ASGCA
« on: April 13, 2004, 05:48:52 PM »
To all the ASGCA members that contribute to this site,
  I saw a list today of the gentleman signed up for attendance to play at LCC...wondering if any architects would be interested in getting together with other Hilton Head/Beaufort/ect..GCAers for an unofficial get together....respond as needed. Thanks
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Anthony_Nysse

Re:Long Cove and ASGCA
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 08:02:25 PM »
Just bringing this back to the top in hopes more people will respond
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Willie_Dow

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 08:49:32 PM »
Anthony

Long Cove has always been one of the best contributions to Hilton Head after Harbour Town, in my view.

If May would fit in, I'd be there.  Haverford, PA is looking at Cicadeas - and I'm leaving for a trip south!

Thanks for the thought.

Willie

Neal_Meagher

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 12:08:21 AM »
Anthony,

Speaking as one of those "gentlemen" already signed up to play at Long Cove among others, thank you for the idea of getting together for an unofficial get-together.

However, I want to let you know that the folks who put these meetings together tend to pack about a months worth of presentations, golf outings, cocktails and dinners into four days time.  This typically leaves little extra time within those four days for outside activities (if one sticks with the "official" schedule).  Yet, some do come a little early and/or stay a little later which would leave availability to do what you suggest.

I'm sure those individuals will get in touch with you if they can do that, and last time I thought about this, there are actually quite a few ASGCA-types who troll about on this discussion group:

Jeff Brauer
Forrest Richardson
Jim Lipe
George Williams
Rick Phelps
Ian Andrews (soon to be)
Todd Eckenrode
Gil Hanse
Ron Kern
Tim Liddy
Art Schaupeter
(apologies to anyone forgotten)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 12:10:15 AM by Neal_Meagher »
The purpose of art is to delight us; certain men and women (no smarter than you or I) whose art can delight us have been given dispensation from going out and fetching water and carrying wood. It's no more elaborate than that. - David Mamet

www.nealmeaghergolf.com

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 08:02:27 AM »
Neal:

That is the first time there will be more architects on the ground at Long Cove since the summer of 1981, when there were eight of us out there playing around in the sand:

Pete Dye
Alice Dye
P.B. Dye
Bobby Weed [superintendent]
Ron Farris
Scott Pool
David Savic
and me!

Not a bad construction crew; I think we only had about 17 people total on the job.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back