News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robin_Hiseman

Royal Montrose invite for all GCA'ers
« on: April 04, 2004, 01:05:24 PM »
I've just joined Royal Montrose (5th oldest course in the world and a fine links course) and would be delighted to host any GCA'ers who find themselves in this part of the world - provided our diaries can match up.

Any Painswick participants seeking a warm up especially welcome in early May.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom

Stan Dodd

Re:Royal Montrose invite for all GCA'ers
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 05:56:33 PM »
Robin,
I will be in Dornoch and then Cruden Bay 1sta and 2nd weeks of July and have the Monday before the Cruden Challenge Cup and would love to visit Montrose again.  How does July 12 look for you?
Cheers
Stan

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 06:48:48 PM »
Thank you Robin, I hope to meet you at Painswick. If not maybe next year at Royal Montrose.

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 07:22:39 PM »
Robin,
   I'm looking forward to meeting you at Painswick (in spite of having to dress up for dinner ;)). Thanks for the invite to your club, I will make a point of looking you up one of these years. This trip will be my first to Scotland, so I am counting down the days in anticipation.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 09:06:53 AM »
Stan

It's a bit too soon to say if July 12 will remain free for me- but if it does then it will be a pleasure to see you then.  Pencil it in and we will keep in touch.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 11:14:15 PM »
Robin, where is Royal Montrose located?  Looking forward to meeting you at Painswick!
Bill McBride

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 06:26:03 AM »
Bill

Royal Montrose is one of three clubs that play over the Montrose Links, about 20 miles up the east coast of Scotland from Carnoustie.

You don't think I'm going to miss out on the bragging rights of being the member of a 'Royal' golf club, do you?  That sort of thing means something to us Brits.

Likewise looking forward to seeing you in Painswick.  It's going to be a wonderful few days.  

johnk

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 01:49:24 PM »
Robin,

My plan is to be in and around Fife from May 3 - 5.  I'll be coming from up north - I hope to play Fraserburgh.

If you are around at that time, I'd love to meet up!

Thanks,
johnk

ed_getka

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 03:47:44 PM »
Robin,
  How far are you from Cruden Bay? I will be at Dornoch on 5/16, Cruden Bay 5/17, and if you are available I would like to take you up on your offer to see Royal Montrose on 5/18 or 5/19. See you soon.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 04:58:15 PM »
Robin, after Goodale is through with the upcoming "Ryder Cup" event, they'll be calling the place "Royal Painswick!"

Will you be in the area of Royal Montrose immediately before Painswick's dates?  My brother and I will be St Andrews and have no fixed agenda for Monday am/pm or Tuesday pm.  Tuesday 3:30 pm we tee off at North Berwick; Wednesday 12:30 we are on a flight to Gatwick.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 05:27:26 PM »
Bill

I think it's probably more likely that most of us will be calling it "F****** Painswick!"

See private mail for your other query

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back