News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian_Gracely

Re:Cypress Point Club (Photographs)
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2004, 01:52:10 PM »
Just curious - but with Mike's feet and shoulders lined up towards Pacific Grove, where did his shot end up?

That's Mike normal setup.  If I recall correctly, he hit his low fade to the right side of the green...maybe just off the fringe?  At that point, I was still in "oh my god, we're playing CPC!!" mode, so I don't remember every shot from everyone (mine are permanently burnt into my memory)  ;)

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2004, 02:08:23 PM »
Notice the silhouette at the top of the hill.....are there many more individuals that put the fear of "don't you dare lay sod over this shot" than this gentleman?  And if you do...."what a pity."  

And I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the combination of logos he was wearing that day....it puts many GCA'ers to shame.  Nothing like matching a green John Deere hat with a sweater with a difficult logo to identify  ;)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 03:48:31 PM by Brian_Gracely »

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2004, 03:21:23 PM »
Lads, it is always great to see the joy that flows from a day at CPC. thanks for the pics Brian and Carlyle.

Jfaspen

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2004, 03:23:02 PM »
Who is the gentleman at the top of the hill on 18 there?

jf

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2004, 04:45:33 PM »
Jeffery- Undoubtedly that would be the one the only Sir Bob Huntley. Oh, he might not be officially knighted, but thats just a formality. Isn't it Ran?

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2004, 04:46:16 PM »
Who is the gentleman at the top of the hill on 18 there?

Its Jim Langley waiting to throw the guys off the course. ;D

Scott:

Good pictures of #17.  I think its a better hole with the bunkers.  

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2004, 05:46:12 AM »
Mike Sweeney actually sent the FBD an email pointing him to this thread - thanks, Buddy (ironically-toned!!)

Adjectives from my lexicon of golf course architecture appreciation can no longer come close to describing how images of this place make me feel. Suffice to say, I actually physically felt the chills that rolling mist brought in with it.

The day can't come soon enough.....

In the meantime keep posting the pics guys. I'm overjoyed to experience Cypress vicariously (for the moment)!

Cheers,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2004, 08:53:43 AM »
Great pictures, Carlyle!

I've never been to CPC, but these photos give a great "walk-thru" and a sense of the routing and style of holes.

Ahhh......one day.....
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

rocket

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2004, 01:53:27 PM »
Carlyle,  Nice pics.  I played CPC two years ago when #13 was under construction.   I loved to show you guys my pics of 13 under construction but I can't seem to paste my photos.  How did you paste your pics?.

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2004, 01:56:40 PM »
Carlyle,  Nice pics.  I played CPC two years ago when #13 was under construction.   I loved to show you guys my pics of 13 under construction but I can't seem to paste my photos.  How did you paste your pics?.

R.J.-

Assuming you have the pictures stored somewhere on the internet....

Take the URL for the picture (ie. http://www.website.com/13.jpg) and put a (img) before the URL and a (/img) after the URL.  Except, change the () brackets to be [] brackets. (had to type it that way or it wouldn't have been readable for you.

If you can't get it to work, send me the picture(s) via email (in my profile) and I'll help you post it.  

Brian_Gracely

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2004, 03:06:00 PM »
Thanks to R.J for the construction picture.

Before:

After:

Mike Hendren

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2004, 12:51:03 PM »
Just in from Spring Break back in sunny California.

Mike,

The open stance accomodates the 50 extra lb's.  To answer your question - I hit the 2nd of several low-right squirters that day into the right-hand bunker.  I must say that he who knows the source of Pee Wee Herman photographs on the web should not cast stones!

Lou,

Just the usual 9-iron at fifteen, then two putts for par.

I hit first at 16 (out of turn, no doubt) because I just couldn't wait another minute while my playing partners stood dazed by the vista.  Just the driver into the front bunker. Beautiful slight fade aimed at the left edge of the green and eating the pin up - caddie yells "golf shot" only to watch it hit in the top of the bunker from lack of hang time.  Sand shot six feet beyond the pin.  Fell in love with the line and left the par putt a solid 12 inches short.  The best laugh I've had at myself in a long time.  

Glad to see my pic.  Gosh, I really WAS there.

Mike

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back