News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

DMoriarty

Re: GCA and the Pizza Man! The Silent Majority?
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2008, 02:44:42 AM »
Nope, nothing to drink tonight----those posts of mine are nothing much more than how I normally feel about the things you say on here.

Do you think the fact you're a clueless out-of-work lawyer/"house-husband" has anything to do with most of the things you say on here like that last post of yours?  ;)

;) m,

If I was "clueless" I'd still be a practicing.   

Get some sleep, T ;) m.  This thread is important to some people, and I'd rather not see it defaced further.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

TEPaul

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2008, 03:13:49 AM »
"If I was "clueless" I'd still be a practicing."

That remark certainly shouldn't surprise anyone as you've already more than proved you're incapable of taking responsibility for anything you do or say.   

DMoriarty

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2008, 03:20:24 AM »
"If I was "clueless" I'd still be a practicing."

That remark certainly shouldn't surprise anyone as you've already more than proved you're incapable of taking responsibility for anything you do or say.   

I must be as dumb as you think, T ;) m.  Either that or you are not making any sense.  Good night Tom.  And Good Luck.

DM
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2008, 06:10:51 AM »
Tom and David,

The Pizza Man is what makes GCA.com great. I feel like Ed Baker is a friend and I have never spoken to him. This past week or so, I had dinner with Drummers from Scotland and Preachers from Georgia due to this site.

The two of you are ruining a great thread and a fun website.

WE GET IT. You don't like each other.

Since this is a "self-policing" site in the words of Ran, I feel comfortable for speaking for 1498 people by saying "take it to email and stay there".

Thank-you.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2008, 08:05:59 AM »
Tom and David,

The Pizza Man is what makes GCA.com great. I feel like Ed Baker is a friend and I have never spoken to him. This past week or so, I had dinner with Drummers from Scotland and Preachers from Georgia due to this site.

The two of you are ruining a great thread and a fun website.

WE GET IT. You don't like each other.

Since this is a "self-policing" site in the words of Ran, I feel comfortable for speaking for 1498 people by saying "take it to email and stay there".

Thank-you.

Gosh, THIS is well said.  I was thinking of posting the same thing but just didn't have the balls to do it.  Guys, get a room....no more pda, its sickening  ;).

Bart

TEPaul

« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2008, 11:19:40 AM »
"Since this is a "self-policing" site in the words of Ran, I feel comfortable for speaking for 1498 people by saying "take it to email and stay there"."

MikeS:

I hear you, I really do. That's what I used to do and would be more than happy to do again but months ago David Moriarty asked that I never try to contact him other than on this discussion group.  ;)

Matter of fact, if he didn't like what I said to him on an IM or email he automatically cut and pasted it onto this discussion section.  ???

So, I think level-headed guys like you should ask him to take this crap to the email mode and off this board. I'd be happy to do that and the only reason I don't now is he won't do it. I've always been willing to do that but he never has. Go ahead, ask him and see what he says. If he denies that's the way he wants to do it and always has it's just another lie.

That's exactly what happened with Tom MacWood. He cut and pasted a private email of mine to him right onto this discussion section. It got deleted and apparently that upset him so much he left.

Some of us in Philadelphia have wondered for a long time why more people on here can't figure out what's really been going on with those two guys with Philly and some people here. The latest culmination of it is this remarkably sophist essay on the history of Merion and far worse the preposterous bobbing and weaving on his part to deny the obvious. But we have every intention of answering that revisionist essay for Merion and for the accurate historical record although it may not go on here. It'll probably go on another entity where this kind of garbage can't happen.

Again, I'm more than happy to take that kind of crap to email. You get him to agree and it will be done---guaranteed! Go ahead, MikeS, give it a shot---ask him and if you can get him to agree you will have solved a really bad problem on here and Man will I be the first to give you all the credit for solving it. Go for it and maybe it can happen today!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:27:01 AM by TEPaul »

JESII

« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2008, 11:59:45 AM »
Tom,

That post of yours uses the assumption that the posts you direct at DM are actually necessary...I think I would disagree.

I personally think he has baited you into some really poor behavior.

I'll stand behind the big export from Philly to NY...

Rich Goodale

« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2008, 12:01:55 PM »
I agree with Mike and Jim

If you find a post offensive go offline.  If the poster will not go offline, ignore him.  This policy has served me well.

Rich

TEPaul

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »
"Tom,

That post of yours uses the assumption that the posts you direct at DM are actually necessary...I think I would disagree.

I personally think he has baited you into some really poor behavior."

Sully;

You're right, he probably has baited me into some pretty poor behavior. He's also baited Wayne and even a really nice guy like Mike Cirba into some pretty poor behavior. So what does that say? I say it should end on these threads but it won't end if he doesn't quit this baiting shit on here!!

So, why don't we all just wait and see what Moriarty has to say for himself on this score??

I suggest guys like you and Mike Sweeney and others try to prevail upon him to stop this crap on here and it will be over with if you can prevail on him. I tried a long time ago to do that by offering to take any disagreements to email but he just cut and pasted them on here. We never did anything like that. The thing you need to be aware of is this kind of thing just never really happens on this website unless one David Moriarty is involved somehow. The truth is he seems to want any contact between us to be on this discussion board. I completely disagree with that! For him to want that kind of thing has just got to be his on-going attempts to embarrass some of us here any way he can. What else could it be if he insists any contact with me be on here?   ::)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 01:52:13 PM by TEPaul »

Jim Briggs

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2008, 03:38:56 PM »
I'm a relative newbie here and actually don't consider myself to be all that much different than the Pizza Man in the original post of this thread (though haven't yet run across any GCA'ers in the flesh yet, so I've missed autograph opportunities).  I love the game of golf, and just over the last few years have become interested in golf architecture as it relates to strategy.  Came across this site when doing some casual research on Donald Ross.  Lurked for a bit, then asked Ran if I could get a login in the hopes that I could contribute something here or there.  My intro to the board coincided with the (relatively) recent Merion threads, which I followed with some interest at the beginning, but then tired of all the vitrol.

I'm amazed that I now come to this thread, with all its feel good qualities at the beginning some years ago (which told me that maybe even someone as new to the GCA side of things as me can contribute something), only to find some of the same Merion thread "personalities" leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Tom - I really wish that you wouldn't use a thread like this one to continue to take jabs at DM.  I understood it somewhat in the Merion threads (if only for a bit), but its getting to the point that i don't even want to scroll through threads because I am going to find you two in there going at it.

Off to Tim's hole by hole on Pacific Dunes...a course I've never played...and which when reading reminds me why I asked Ran for inclusion in this mostly great group...

Jim
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 03:41:41 PM by JBriggs »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2009, 08:20:23 AM »

Bump

JC Jones

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2009, 09:24:57 PM »
Bump at the request of Scott Warren
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »
I read the first post and a few after that.

I started a thread awhile back about The Power of the Site and its Particpants...and I think some of you all got upset with me for it.  But it is true.

Read Kirk Gill's post on the Best GCA of the Decade thread.  It touches on a lot of the great work that gets done here. 

World class architects, supers, historians, authors, and educated professionals (lawyers and the like) who have a passion for the game and its history congregate here and share thoughts and opinions.  I am telling you in all sincerity you guys are more important to the game then you know.  This importance and stage can be used to help push forward important agendas and education...or...sidebars, egos, and general b.s. can get in the way.

In the end the participants on this site make that final decision.

Great post, great bump...funny and entertaining thread, but important nevertheless.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tony Weiler

« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2009, 11:19:11 PM »
Very well said, Mac. I read GCA for years before joining as I never felt I had anything to offer.  Finally, I asked Ran and he let me in.  I have learned there is more to golf than scoring, clubs, flex points, and the latest driver.  I have learned a lot about why some courses are great, and why some are not so much.  I still want to play as well as possible, I guess that makes me a "pencil and card" guy, and I still play "cart ball" from time to time, but some of what gets posted on here is truly a tribute to the game.  Keep it up, I hope to read for another decade and continue to learn. 

Scott Warren

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2010, 01:54:13 AM »
Bump at the request of Scott Warren

Thanks JC!

I've been giggling through my filthy hangover for 20mins reading this.

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
Some original followers of GolfClubAtlas.com were over this past weekend, reminiscing about some of the earlier notable threads.

Here is one such example.

Once a month or so, I'll delve into the archives and pull up an oldie but a goodie!

Cheers,

Ian Andrew

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »
I had never read this before and was quite suprised by what I read. 
Glad I did today.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
I had never read this before and was quite suprised by what I read. 
Glad I did today.

It's just important to avoid most of this page of the Pizzaman thread, it's a buzz killer.......

JNC Lyon

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2011, 01:31:25 AM »
This is one of my all-time favorites, along with the Reverse Jans threads.  Glad this is back up at the top!
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2011, 02:57:25 PM »
Does aanybody know how Ed Baker is doing? We haven't heard from him in quite some time.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

hick

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2011, 06:04:32 PM »
I wonder if this is the Ed Baker that was my neighbor for ten years in Sharon, MA .

Pete, what is your take on the Celts trades.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
Mat,

At first I was leary of letting Perk go. But hey, we offered him $5.5MM and he turned us down saying he wanted to test the market. With the Big Four under contract there was no way we were going to get him signed for the $7.5MM the Thunder gave him. I absolutely love Jeff Green and think he will pay much bigger dividends in the playoffs. The C's can now go small at crunch time with KG playing the 5 and Green in the 4 slot; just like they did with Posey 2 years ago. Crsitic has been a very pleasant surprise. Lets face they played better with Shaq starting than they did with Perk. If Shaq gets and stays healthy, we go all the way!
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

BCowan

« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2015, 11:33:27 AM »
Some original followers of GolfClubAtlas.com were over this past weekend, reminiscing about some of the earlier notable threads.

Here is one such example.

Once a month or so, I'll delve into the archives and pull up an oldie but a goodie!

Cheers,

bump, classic

Tommy Naccarato

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2015, 04:28:23 PM »
This remains my all-time favorite story from this website. All that it took was one simple man, probably a hero countless times, thanks to his profession and he made us all seem so important and worth something. At least for me he did. I think guys like him go on to even more blessings in the great hereafter. I'm sure he was probably one hell of a father and husband too!

A week ago while at Rustic Canyon, we talked of the Pizzaman story. To this day, I dont know his actual name, but I feel that I know the soul!  This thread actually makes me know that participating on GCA (as well as Max's!) was probably the best thing I ever did in my life. At least in terms of my desire to learn about the greatest courses in the Sport.

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »
This remains my all-time favorite story from this website. All that it took was one simple man, probably a hero countless times, thanks to his profession and he made us all seem so important and worth something. At least for me he did. I think guys like him go on to even more blessings in the great hereafter. I'm sure he was probably one hell of a father and husband too!

A week ago while at Rustic Canyon, we talked of the Pizzaman story. To this day, I dont know his actual name, but I feel that I know the soul!  This thread actually makes me know that participating on GCA (as well as Max's!) was probably the best thing I ever did in my life. At least in terms of my desire to learn about the greatest courses in the Sport.

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy,

You have forgotten what preceded GCA and even TraditionalGolf.com. How about the gals at the Ralph Miller?
Tim Weiman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back