News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

A dreary day
« on: February 05, 2005, 02:47:36 PM »
for English Rugby.  Beaten by Wales and deservedly so.  About the only aspect of high quality play from either side was the kicking from hand.  It seems every year the kicking gets better and becomes more important in strategy.  This Six Nations is well and truly an open affair, especially since France looked no better than England.  Could this be Ireland's Grand Slam year?

Ciao

Sean
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Chechesee Creek & Old Barnwell

SPDB

Re:A dreary day
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 03:33:21 PM »
Sean -
you mistakenly posted this thread to golfclubatlas.com, a website dedicated to discsussion of golf course architecture.

-Sean

Jack_Marr

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 03:43:17 PM »
Could be Ireland's year, sure enough, but we usually mess up when it comes to the crunch. I think we have the most exciting back line in the five nations, and the two finest centres.

I'd like to be out in Rome watching tomorrowl.
John Marr(inan)

SPDB

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 04:44:30 PM »
let's not compound the error.

Jack_Marr

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 06:49:30 PM »
Well, it looks good on paper, but I think it might be a very open championship this year. Wales look good, Scotland don't look too bad and the French, well, they can be anywhere between bad and brilliant. England are world champions, although a different team in reality...
John Marr(inan)

Jack_Marr

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 02:53:56 AM »
Jack

I would like to go to Rome, but not for rugger.  
Ciao

Sean

Sean - I went there on my honeymoon in October. It is the most fantastic city I've ever been to. Wherever you go, there's history. You can go into some small unheard of church on the street and see Caravaggios etc. There's statues carved by great artists covered with soot on the side of the road.

The food everywhere we went was excellent.

The Romans were very rude and unhospitable, though. That's part of their "charm" though. The Florentines were much nicer.

I would have loved to play golf over there, but it was too hot for me, even in October...
John Marr(inan)

Jack_Marr

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 05:28:56 AM »
We stayed out in Lido - cycled the length of the island to see the golf course, but got tired and turned back. It looked likd a nice setting for golf anyway.

We also had a tour through Tuscany and saw a course there in the hills above Florence. I couldn't tell you if it was good or not though.
John Marr(inan)

Sean Walsh

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 07:27:54 AM »
Who's this Caravaggio bloke.. Architect or Player of what era.. ;D

Re the rugger old boy, what, know what I mean, what have we got here then (that's about all the pommy stereotypes I know).  That'll teach me for putting some of my hard earned on the english.  

Re the Irish yes a very good back line but from what I remember of the world cup wouldn't Wales give them a run for their money..  Maybe it's Wales' year..

Jack_Marr

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 02:14:18 PM »
Everyone is called Sean on this thread. Yeah, Wales could do well. Ireland were unconvincing today, but hopefully they'll pick it up for the big games.

If Caravaggio playes well on the wing, we have a chance. ;)
John Marr(inan)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back