News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Randy Van Sickle

Ran has once again given me permission to plug my church's fundraiser at Eastward Ho! this year, to be held on Monday, October 7th. It is a play your own ball tournament and is a 1:00 shotgun.

If you are not familiar with Eastward Ho!, below is a link to Jon Cavalier's excellent photo essay:  The course was most recently rated #44 on GolfWeek's 2018 top 100 classic courses in the USA.

For further information, please email Jim Bast at jimbast@comcast.net

Randy
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:23:31 AM by Randy Van Sickle »
Can't get back to RDGC soon enough

Mike Sweeney

Re: Play Eastward Ho! this October
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 07:17:54 PM »
All world!!

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Jeff Schley

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 11:00:19 AM »
Love charity auctions/events.  I tried to arrange my schedule for this and couldn't do it, but I hope it is very successful. Great time of the year to be up in the northeast.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

John Blain

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »
I played Eastward Ho! for the first time last September and was completely blown away by how good it was. For me it's the poster child course for interesting architecture and just plain fun. EH has to be one of the most underrated and under appreciated courses in America. If you ever have a chance don't pass it up.

jeffwarne

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 09:01:43 PM »
All world!!

Seeing that picture makes me sad that about how badly the golf world has embraced and enabled "fast"(as in turf height) over firm.....greatly reducing the chances of a ball actually staying on a sidehill lie.....amongst other things
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 06:27:50 PM »
Just made plans to play Eastward Ho! again this year. Is there a more idyllic spot than to be on the shore of Pleasant Bay on a beautiful fall day? A great cause and extremely well run Tournament. We have 3 players and are looking for a 4th. Last year Mike H joined us and Bogey’s significant contributions allowed us to place 3rd and take home a free souvenir. We were so busy discussing the fabulous design that I never found out what happened after the two Corinthians walked into the bar!
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Mike Hendren

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 03:02:28 PM »
Pete, you are most gracious as we both know your better 3/4 was the star player for our group.  What a fun and beautiful day we had.  I have a conflict and can't make it, but anyone on this site who is serious about golf architecture must experience Eastward Ho!   Photographs don't do it justice.

Hope you and the Mrs. are well.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Randy Van Sickle

Re: Play Eastward Ho! this October - Tournament Full as of 5/29/19
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 07:24:52 AM »
As seen in the edit of the Subject line, I'm afraid the field is full, hope some of you were able to get in for this year's event.  Thanks for your support!

Randy
Can't get back to RDGC soon enough

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back